Saturday, February 5, 2011

Chinese New Year -- the BUNNY series

This Chinese New Year, I learn that :
1. We grow up every year
2. Our parents grow old every year
3. CNY isn't about gambling and receiving angpaos ONLY.... well those are the highlights nonetheless
4. CNY is about giving and sharing.
5. Its about gathering family members, cousins, relatives, long-lost relatives, long-distances uncle aunties.........
6. Its about uniting families
7. It unites every person in this country.. I once saw a Malay family stopping by to help a Chinese family whose car broke down due to too much firecrackers and lion dances....(ok maybe not because of that but the car broke down for some reasons)
8. I never knew family members could be separated one day..... until I realized it.
9. And family can always reunite, no matter how big it is
10. And commercials with family reunions makes me teary.

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR. and I know how precious it is when we have family reunions.
Treasure yours while it lasts.
And this is the 2nd year...  since you've left us.

I miss you, grandma.Your Hainanese Chicken Rice always beats the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment